OverviewThe Chief Medical Officer or "C.M.O." is the head equivalent of the Medical Doctor and many of his responsibilities are the same with a few exceptions. The Chief Medical Officer's primary role is to ensure that the medical aspects of the station are functioning efficiently so that when someone comes wandering in with a busted head they can receive care. For a full guide on performing the duties of an MD, see Medical Doctor.
The main purpose of the CMO is to be an all around med doctor who deals with every aspect of Medicine, they also have the authority to boss around the underling MDs. Generally you'll be working all sides of the story. Chemistry, Genetics, Surgery and healing in general. You and the RD are meant to be "Pals" although it doesn't always work out that way. All in all it's simply a mish mash of the Medbay jobs.
You are given a Hypospray, one of the best kinds of syringes around. Holds 30 units and injects people on the spot, no waiting time.
Preparing for War
The station is a dangerous place full of aggressive, angry people. You need to prepare your medbay for the oncoming onslaught.
- Genetics needs to move through their bodies fast. You don't want a line to build.
- Get Chemists to start mixing bicaridine(brute dam. healer), dexalin (suffocation dam. healer), and kelotane for burns. You can get anti-toxins from the nearby Medical Vendors.
- Have your medical doctors something to do. They'll feel useless unless you give them a task to be busy on. If they're not busy saving lives or preparing medbay, they'll get bored and leave. Don't let that happen.
- Also have the cryotubes ready for people to use. You won't usually use these unless you have a lot of dying patients on your plate.
- Have some chemicals ready to protect medbay if someone decides to raid it and trash the place. Hypospray + chloral hydrate is good for stopping a person.